Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

Trouble

“Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me: You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me."   When it seems like there are more "bad" than "good" days in the course of a week, like THIS week, I begin to wonder if we're reaching a new stage in the progression of Gary's disease.  During these times I am tempted by the Enemy of our souls to give in to despair, frustration, control, self pity, and more.  He is, after all, "prowling around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour."  I'm sure that anyone who has been close to someone with a progressive disease that has no cure, experiences this same kind of "trouble."  The kind of trouble that you just have to accept, because you can't change it.  Last summer, we reached one of these new "stages" and at that time, I gave myself over to self pity, and the rest of it for many days.  I am so thankful for the Lord's kindness to yank me out of that thinking back to His side, where I was revived and saturated with His wonderful promises to "accomplish what concerns me."  I hate when I'm tempted to go down that road again, and by God's grace, this week, He has reminded me, again, of His completely kind hands which made both Gary and I and will do what's best. 

"Your lovingkindness, O LORD is everlasting; Do not forsake the works of Your hands." Psalms 138:7-8

Revived, and ready for another one...let's see what tomorrow has in store.

1 comment:

  1. Laurie-you are such an encouragement with your smile and your attitude of trust in our sovereign God. I know it isn't easy, but thanks for sharing your heart. We pray often for you and Gary!! "He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater...."

    ReplyDelete