Background

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gary's Prayer's - since being diagnosed with Alzheimers in '07

November 26, 2010


"Father God we thank You - of our own merits which we will try and shore up - You're unbelievably safe."

(When Gary started to loose his ability to speak, I began jotting down some of his prayers.  Now that he doesn't say more than a word or two each day, I enjoy them.  I can still follow his lead.)

Knowing Gary, I believe he was thanking God that as we try to obey and live lives pleasing to God, bringing our own merits to the table, is frightening because our own righteousness is like filthy rags to the one true God, who is complete perfection.  How thankful we must be that because of His great sacrifice on our behalf, God becomes SAFE to us.  A Father, not a judge.  Jesus took the judgement, and we get to relax in His loving arms.

I hope you all will have a wonderful Saturday, enjoying the grace and mercy of God.
Laurie





3 comments:

  1. The LORD indeed is unbelievably safe. Precious post, Laurie.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a precious post. I just had my second child, a son, and I also have a three year old daughter. I've been doing a whole lot more praying and crying out to the Lord. I just realize that time is precious-something I've learned from reading your posts too. I don't want to waste the time God allots me this side of heaven. All this drives me to our Lord's throne. There is no safer place to take our joys, burdens, sorrows, tears...He is a very present help in trouble and I praise Him that He never leaves us or forsakes us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wonderful how one person's life's lessons can be useful to someone else. We're all part of a grand thing that God is doing in the lives of His people. Thanks for sharing with me. I love what you said about not wasting time this side of Heaven. It goes by so fast, and can be so rich. Enjoy those precious children!

      Delete