Background

Monday, September 17, 2012

5 "C's" of Caregiving

I have a lot on my mind these days, (see last post) ,  but knowing that Gary is in good hands for the few hours a week when I can't be with him is such a gift.  Here are some fun photos and video from Friday.
 
CRASHED - We were caught snuggling after a busy morning.   Gary had spent the morning with our care givers.  I had spent the morning running my errands. 
 I love this man.

Approaching the car wash. 



CAR WASH - A ride through car wash was fully entertaining for Gary.  Plenty to look at and listen to here while Karl and Becky got their car washed.








CAROUSEL - Our friend, Nathan, says "Gary gets to do all the things we all WISH we could do."  This video is proof of that:



CINNABON - Gary LOVES Cinnamon rolls!  He always has and always will.













Karl and Gary...Young at Heart




CREATIVE CARE - Karl and Becky go "above and beyond" to care for Gary and adapting the activities to suit him.  We are so spoiled.  Many thanks to Becky for all the photos and video! 

I love you guys!



Becky and Gary...Listening to the Fountain

2 comments:

  1. You are indeed so blessed with your caregivers and fun activities. So far my husband is able to stay home while I substitute teach or teach a class for DUI offenders. I will need some kind of caregiving help in the future. This is inspiring to me.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends / care-givers are such a gift to us and our sweet husbands!!!

    I love all the sweet and loving pictures.

    I would take David and our dog, Casey for a ride in the car twice a day. David thoroughly enjoyed our rides through town.

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete